martedì 18 novembre 2014

My dream job - Do not constrain

 Why you can't put some people in a box 

It's easy to say "I am creative". I have seen it on many resume or coming out of the mouth of common people. But just few people are really creative, and those are the people who cannot be put in a box.
I am creative. I have been since.. forever I guess. I can only remember when at elementary school my class had to write an entire book and provide illustrations for it.
I had wrote the first chapter and prepared all the illustrations for it. The ideas kept coming in my mind and while my classmates were thinking about their own chapters I had already finished many versions of that very book. To bear long trips with my parents I just had to listen to the music on the radio and the most amazing stories would come to my mind and accompany me like wonderful movies full of images, adventures and extraordinary characters.
In my neighbourhood I was considered completely weird and awkward. I had performed Tai Chi forms since I have seen them in movies, I had started learning some Chinese and Japanese and I had read so many books the librarian was always happy to see me.
But right after the elementary school, the fun is over. Imagination, creativity and dreams have to become secondary, children should understand the world of rules, constrain, schemes and squares. The first impact with this world killed me. I graduated from middle school with a medium mark. The genius of the elementary school was gone. I thought I was as stupid as everyone else. I thought that imagination cannot take anywhere as Mr. Einstein used to say. The first two years of Liceo had been so flat and boring I had to do something, so I enrolled myself in Art School where I had studied design. I had graduated with the best possible grade. The genius was back. Then again: life. I have been to the United States, graduated from an Harvard Class with highest mark and only God knows why, once back I attended the University of Economics. I have once again graduated with the highest mark, but still, I was learning how my life was going to be from that moment on.

The world of work

Nobody tells you that if you were born in a small city of Italy, I will never find a "creative" job.
I do not refer to those phantomatic "creative jobs" as marketing manager, marketing operative, communication manager or assistant. No.. those are only smoke and mirrors.
Once they have hired you reality will hit you badly. You will be put behind an old pc and you will have to suck it up and put data in that old system all day long. Eventually you may participate to one or two meetings and you may have the chance to interact personally to a real person. But that's very rare. I have changed countless jobs. Is not that I am not able to do something. I can do anything. I know how to use excel or how to insert orders in a management system. That's not the point! 
I feel frustrated all the time. I have so many ideas about... everything. How to fix failing business, how to improve good business, how to create new business and I could tell you already all life cycle of the products and the company. My mind is restless.
But I haven't found yet a Company or a person or a miracle at this point which may allow me to use all this creativity. Sometimes I feel like is exploding in my head.
Probably I am not normal, but who cares to be normal. I want to be special, because I am special, and I am done fighting it. So this is my statement. In a different language that is not my mother tongue.
I want the world to know that I am looking for a job, for a path, for a destiny.
I am reaching out for a new adventure, for visionaries, for life.
Let me be creative, let me be me, let me use this brain full of information and things yet to be seen.




Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Tao Te Ching verso 16 - verse 16 - ITA and ENG

  "Ritornare alle radici significa trovare la pace. Trovare la pace significa onorare il proprio destino. Onorare il proprio destino è ...