mercoledì 11 novembre 2015

It's never too late to do a box jump (even into a new career)


Yesterday I jumped 50 cm with my feet together, starting from a standing position onto a box. Nothing special you may say, but for me it was huge. For all my life I used to be afraid of jumping, yes Sirs, afraid of jumping. I could jump maybe 10 cm and still I was afraid to fall, to crumble or to twist an ankle. Was it because I had been told I couldn't jump? Was it a childhood trauma?It doesn't really matter now, because today I jumped and I now I am free, I can jump whenever I want. All the limits where only in my head, it may sound obsolete, but it's true.In that excess of happiness I became suddenly serious thinking about all the things I haven't done in my life because I was afraid, because I set the limits, because I was told I couldn't.
I thought about all the work opportunities I haven't apply for because I believed I wasn't skilled enough to try, I thought about all those times I bit my tongue during meetings because my opinion was probably not strong enough and about when I wanted to relocate and I couldn't trust my abilities to start a new life.Basically I lived walking on a straight line with my dreams waiting on the other side. All I had to do was jump, jump to the other side and prove myself and others that I could do whatever I want. I wondered why it was much easier to demonstrate that strength only when it was asked by others and not when demanded for my self, by myself. Was it me the girl who graduated in Economics with the highest grade, when the only one in the class who hadn't studied Economics before? Was it me the the Italian, not speaking English very well, obtaining an A mark at the Harvard Extension School? Then, why that same person couldn't be courageous enough to jump for her dreams? 


I decided that I am done analyzing the past, but from now on I want to jump whenever I can, whenever I want, whenever I feel it's the right jump to do. A skill can be learned, a book can be read, a software can be studied, but passion is genuine and I shouldn't have never doubt my passion, my determination and my intelligence, because those are the things that makes you jump higher.
Luckily is never too late to change our thoughts, to expand our vision and remove our limits, so I will not accept any job offer out of fear, I want to reach new heights and achieve new results, but mostly I want to do something I love, maybe for the first time in my life.So pick a box and just jump on it, it's so liberating and inspiring that it could lead to some very good content!

The greatest risk is really to take no risk at all. You've got to go out there, jump off the cliff, and take chances.Patrick Warburton

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Tao Te Ching verso 16 - verse 16 - ITA and ENG

  "Ritornare alle radici significa trovare la pace. Trovare la pace significa onorare il proprio destino. Onorare il proprio destino è ...