domenica 8 marzo 2015

Chapati bread with seitan and fresh veggie

What could I do with a bowl full of sourdough? Chapati bread of course!
There are a lot of recipes around so I am not going to post one since I haven't invented it. I used a vegan recipe for chapati, mostly using olive oil, spices, soy milk and flour of course. 
For the filling I used a special seitan called "muscolo di grano" (Wheat's Muscle) realized also using legumes flour for an healthier result. 
Anyway let's start from the beginning:


I prepared my chapati in advance, so I could have 20 minutes to focus on the filling!


I chopped some fresh mushrooms, I used wild mushroom, and sauteed them in a hot pan with some spring onion finely chopped as well. I sauteed these ingredients with some soy butter Provamel but you can use also some olive oil.
In the meantime I chopped some fresh vegetables for the fresh part of the filling: cocumber, pepper, spring onion and red cabbage.
Finally I added the Wheat's Muscle to the mushrooms and let them braise together for 10 minutes adding some water from time to time. I also added some grain pepper, salt and cardamom.

Once everything was prepared and cooked I filled my chapati, spreading some vegan mayonnaise on, and then I composed my little piece of heaven! Enjoy :)










Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Tao Te Ching verso 16 - verse 16 - ITA and ENG

  "Ritornare alle radici significa trovare la pace. Trovare la pace significa onorare il proprio destino. Onorare il proprio destino è ...